Joan Manager and Joan Executive devices support the option of booking meetings on the spot, at the meeting room door. Booked meetings can also be canceled from the door, releasing the room when a meeting finishes early and deleting the event from the calendar – which is not always a useful function.
Companies that do not wish their employees to be able to cancel a meeting on the spot can disable or limit this function in the Joan Portal, choosing between two ways of doing so:
1. By turning off Joan’s touchscreen completely. Find out how here.
2. By disabling canceling meetings on Joan.
Go into the Joan Portal, under:
- "Manage" > "Devices"
- select a specific device, which will use these settings.
- "Manage" > "Advanced" mode > "Locations" > "Set features for this location"
- for settings that will show up on all devices managed under a certain location.
- "Settings" > "Device Features"
- for Global settings that show up on all devices.
Under "Cancel Events," select "On" or choose the option of only canceling meetings that were booked directly on Joan’s screen by clicking "Only on the spot." Disable the feature by selecting "Off."
- On: all booked meetings can be deleted via Joan's touch interface;
- Off: the option of canceling meetings on Joan is disabled, a meeting can be canceled only in the online calendar;
- Only on the spot: only meetings that had been booked on the spot can be canceled from Joan, all other meetings have to be canceled in the online calendar.
The changes will be reflected across your Joan devices within the next refresh cycle, in approximately 5 minutes.