On-premises Joan users should periodically upgrade their servers to the most recent software version to further improve Joan's stability and performance, as well as upgrade the system settings and device firmware. The updates are easy and don’t take more than a couple of minutes.
- How to check the current server version
- How to upgrade Joan's server to the latest version
- How to upgrade Joan's server from v2 to the latest version
How to check the current server version
To check which server software version you're currently running on your Joan devices, follow these steps:
- Go to the admin dashboard of your server
- Log in with your credentials. By default, the following credentials are set
- Username: admin
- Password: admin123
- On the "Status" page of your server's dashboard, you will see the version under "Server info" in the top-left corner
and after logging in, you should be able to see the version in the top-left corner of the status page.
Upgrade Joan's server software to the latest version
The latest version of the VSS server is v5.2.3.
To update Joan's server software to the latest version, please login into the server console. You can use the VM console or SSH.
The default credentials are:
- Username: joan
- Password: joanaccess
Once you are successfully logged in, follow the steps below.
Execute the following commands to update the server:
- Establish a terminal connection with the server
- Remove the current docker-compose.yml file
sudo rm docker-compose.yml
- Download the new docker-compose.yml file
sudo wget https://storage.googleapis.com/joan-public-files/knowledge%20base%20files/Docker%20Compose/docker-compose.yml
- Start the new server
sudo docker-compose pull vserver redis && sudo docker-compose up -d vserver redis
And that's it! You have successfully upgraded your VSS server to the latest version.
Upgrade Joan's server software from v2 to the latest version:
Since v2 of the Visionect Software Suite (VSS) server, there have been quite a few updates and improvements. So, if your server is still running on v2, it is not possible to simply update the server's version, due to the changes in its structure.
In order to upgrade Joan's server software from v2 to the latest version, you will have to download the latest Virtual Machine (VM) server image from the links below:
- If you're using VMware or VirtualBox: Download the virtual machine here (.ovf and .vmdk)
- If you're using Hyper-V: Download the .vhd image here
As you will be using a new VM image, you will have to pair your Joan devices once again in the Joan Portal.
If you will need assistance with the pairing process, you can always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.
While not mandatory, we advise you to keep the existing VM image as a backup in case the upgrade does not go as planned.