- Visit https://portal.aws.amazon.com/billing/signup#/start
- Enter your email and set a password
- On the next screen, you are prompted to enter more information (Full Name, Company, etc.)
- Next, you are prompted to enter your credit card information.
- At this point it's NECESSARY to “Confirm your identity”, to be able to proceed.
- Go to https://portal.aws.amazon.com/billing/signup?type=resubscribe#/, to confirm your identity, this is done by entering your phone number. After that, you should receive a call shortly.
- After the account is created it can take up to 24 hours to “fully activate”.
Next, create a policy:
- Go to your IAM dashboard.
- Create a new policy:
Create a User:
- From inside your IAM dashboard go to Users.
- Click “Add User” and name it - A4B SetupTool. Like shown here.
- Select “Attach existing policies directly” and in the next step give users permission to create policies. Like shown here.
- You can skip “Add User tags”. Like shown here.
- Review of the user created.
- After reviewing the created user the last screen will prompt you to download the “.csv” file. Copy the “Access Key ID” and “Secret access key”.
Device setup tool - Windows only
- Go to Alexa for Business, navigate to “Shared devices” and press “Set up device”. This will prompt a screen to download the “Device Setup Tool”. Like shown here.
- After you download the tool and run it you are prompted to insert the “Access key ID” and “Secret access key” like shown here.
- After that, enter the SSID, encryption type and the password of the Wi-Fi network.
- This process will disconnect your computer from the network, connect to the device, feed the Wi-Fi information to the device and link it to your Alexa for Business.
- After that, you should see the added device in your “Devices dashboard”.
Create a room with a skill group
- Now you need to create a room and pair your device with it. Go over to AWS Create a room and fill in the room details like shown here.
- Add your added device.
- Skip adding a skill, and finish.
- Go to Skill Groups and click on “Create skill group” and type in the name and a description.
- Edit the skill group by clicking on the skill group name.
- Add a skill by pressing on the “Add Skill” button.
- Finish by adding the room you created earlier to this “Skill group”.
- Your room now contains the Joan skill.
Connect your calendar resource
- Make sure you have everything set in the Joan Portal (that your calendar solution is connected and your room resources added), and that Joan is displaying the calendar properly
- Go to the “Calendar” tab, and select your “Calendar system” like shown here:
Connect it using “Service account using delegate access”, like shown below:
- Go back to the “Rooms” tab and select your previously set room to edit it.
- Edit your existing room resource by pressing the “Edit” button on the top right corner, add a room resource direct email under “Room calendar” email, and save it.
- Scroll down and edit the “Configuration” of Joan skill and “Set scope” to the same room resource set in the previous step.
Your Alexa and Joan should be all set at this point.