Joan devices are thin client devices that rely on an established Internet connection in order to operate. Joan is in constant communication with your calendar in order to display who booked the room and when is the next meeting.
A weak signal and unstable Wi-Fi connection with your Router or Access Point (AP), will cause the Joan device to enter a cycle of disconnects and reconnects to the network, affecting their battery life, responsiveness, system stability and more.
To ensure Joan’s stable connectivity before pairing up and installing your new Joan device please observe the following instructions:
- The location of your Joan device must have good signal coverage.
- Your network equipment should be up-to-date and reliable.
- The frequency of your Wi-Fi network should be 2.4 GHz.
- Joan devices are able to communicate only on Wi-Fi channels from 1 to 11.
- Your Wi-Fi network should not be overcrowded.
- You should not use a mobile hotspot.
If you need help connecting a Joan device to your Wi-Fi, click here.
For a detailed list of network requirements of Joan devices, click here.
Joan won’t connect to my Wi-Fi network
While we do our best to ensure that your Joan devices operate flawlessly, some issues might still arise. Especially when it comes to wireless connections.
But, do not worry! We prepared a list of all common issues you may face as well as instructions on how to fix them. Click here.