Note: This feature is available only with the Premium subscription plan. Click here to learn more.
You can now show the entire schedule of both current and future meetings across your resources on an external device thanks to Joan on displays. Making that big TV in your office’s lobby finally useful!
Joan on displays can be used on any external display as long as:
- Has stable internet connectivity
- Has Internet browsing capabilities. This can be in the form of a Smart TV or any streaming device that can make a TV “smart” such as an Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, etc.
The size, resolution, ratio, and orientation of the device do not matter. Joan on displays is fully responsive and will adapt to any screen setting.
How to connect Joan to your display
The process of connecting Joan to your display is very similar to pairing a Joan 6 or Joan 13 device to your Joan Portal account.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open a web browser on your display of choice and visit display.getjoan.com
- You will be presented with a pairing PIN code
- Open your Joan Portal on your computer and navigate to “Manage” -> “Devices”. Here is a direct link to that page
- Click “+ Add device”
- Select the "TV, tablet or browser" tab in the new pop-up window
- Enter the PIN that you see on your display and click “Pair device”
- You will be forwarded to the “Edit device” page for that display
- Enter the name for the device
- Select the room/resources which you wish to display on the device. You can select more than one resource
- Select the timezone in order to display the correct times
- Click “Save”
And that’s it! You have successfully connected Joan to your own device.
Important note: Joan on displays devices will be treated the same as any other Joan device in your subscription plan.
Joan on displays functionalities
At the moment, Joan on displays has one functionality - Status board.
The Status board provides you with a detailed overview of all resources and meeting schedules both current and in the future.
It features the following information:
- Current date
- Current time
- List of current or upcoming meetings with 4 columns:
- Meeting subject/name and location
- Meeting organizer and number of confirmed attendees
- Start and end time of the meeting
- Day/Date of the meeting
- Available rooms and resources
- Name of the room/resource
- Availability period - for example, “All day”, “Until 14:00”