If your device suddenly stopped working, is having Wi-Fi connection problems, is no longer responding to touch commands it can be either due to a network-related or hardware-related issue.
Throughout its operation, the Joan device keeps a log which contains information about its hardware, firmware, and actions it is taking. If an error occurs, it will be noted down in this log file.
So, whenever you experience an issue with the device, supplying this log file to us at firstname.lastname@example.org will make the process of identifying and resolving the issue much faster.
How to acquire the device's log file
But, how to acquire this file? Follow these steps:
- Run the Joan Configurator
- If you are using Windows or macOS, simply run the file.
- If you are using Linux, follow these steps:
- Open the Terminal
- Navigate to the destination folder where you downloaded the file. For example
- Run the Joan Configurator as a superuser with the following command
And that’s it! You now have the log file.
You can send it to us at email@example.com with a description of what is wrong with the device, and we will do our best to assist you.
We have also prepared a guide on how to troubleshoot most common network-related issues. So, you can double-check that as well before reaching out to us. You can find it here.