In order to connect your Joan device, you will need the following components:
- A stable Wi-Fi network
- The Joan Configurator application
- A Joan device
- A Micro USB cable (Preferably, the cable you received with the device)
If you have not downloaded the Joan Configurator yet, please find the instructions on how to do so here.
To learn more about the Wi-Fi network requirements for the Joan system, click here.
How to connect a Joan device to a Wi-Fi network
Once you have all the components ready and your network meets Joan’s requirements, you can connect the Joan device to your Wi-Fi network.
To do so, please follow these steps:
- Run the Joan Configurator
- If you are using Windows or macOS, simply run the file.
- If you are using Linux, follow these steps:
- Open the Terminal
- Navigate to the destination folder where you downloaded the file. For example
- Run the Joan Configurator as a superuser with the following command
- Connect the Joan device to your computer with the provided Micro USB cable
- Once connected, the Joan Configurator will load for a moment before prompting you to select a Wi-Fi network. Select your preferred network and enter the password for it
- Click “Save”
And that’s it! You have successfully connected your Joan device to your Wi-Fi network.
You might have noticed a “More options” button when selecting the Wi-Fi network. This option will expand the menu and allow you to select the server where Joan is hosted, change the device’s network settings, as well as change the Wi-Fi encryption type.
All these fields are filled out automatically for you. However, if you wish to change some of these settings, instructions on how to do so, can be found below: