The serial number or Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) can be found in 3 places:
Packaging box of your Joan Device
If you still have the packaging of your Joan device, you can find the serial number on it, just above the serial code.
It will be denoted as “SN” followed by a 32-character number.
You can also find the device’s serial number in the Joan Configurator as soon as you connect your device.
If you are unsure how to do so, please visit:
- Run the Joan Configurator
- If you are using Windows or macOS, simply run the file.
- If you are using Linux, follow these steps:
- Open the Terminal
- Navigate to the destination folder where you downloaded the file. For example
- Run the Joan Configurator as a superuser with the following command
- Connect the Joan device to your computer with the provided Micro USB cable
- Once connected, the Joan Configurator will load for a moment before displaying the device’s serial number at the top of the Joan Configurator window
Simply select a specific device to open the “Edit device” window and the number will be listed as “Device UUID” at the top of the page.