Congratulations on your new Joan device!
Here are the steps that you will need to take, with detailed instructions presented below:
- Unbox your Joan device
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi
- Connect it to a VSS server
- Pair it to your Joan Portal account
- Mount it to a wall or door
Unbox your Joan device
A pretty straight forward step. Simply unbox your Joan device and make sure that you have received all of the components as well as that the device is in mint condition.
If something is missing or wrong, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help.
Connect your Joan Device to Wi-Fi
First, you need to make sure that your Wi-Fi network meets Joan’s requirements. A bad network will result in poor performance. Check out the requirements here.
Depending on your network’s security level, please follow the instructions in the links below:
- How to connect a Joan device to a Wi-Fi Network
- How to connect a Joan device to the Enterprise Wi-Fi Encryption (WPA2-EAP)
Connect your device to a VSS server
In order for Joan to be able to display your calendar information on your new device, you will have to connect it to a Visionect Software Suite (VSS) server, which enables communication between the Joan Portal and your calendar solution.
This step is performed alongside the “Connect your Joan Device to Wi-Fi” one, so make sure to complete them together in order to save time.
The instructions on how to connect to a VSS server can be found here.
Pair the device to your Joan Portal
With the device now connected to your Wi-Fi and the Micro USB cable unplugged from it, you will notice a pairing PIN code displayed on the device’s display.
Once the PIN is visible, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Joan Portal with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Manage” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Devices” from the left-hand side menu
- Click on the “+ Add device” button
- A new pop-up window will open. If you are connecting a Joan 6 or Joan 13 device, select the “Joan device” tab. If you wish to connect a TV, tablet or browser via Joan on Displays, select the “TV or browser” tab
- Enter the PIN displayed on your device
- Click “Pair device”
- You will then be redirected to a “Edit device” page where you can customize the device and set up certain device-specific settings. Once you are all set, go to the bottom of the page and click “Save”. Don’t worry, you can always edit your device later on.
Mount your Joan device to a wall or door
The final step is to mount your device and start managing your office space and meetings more efficiently! Devices can be mounted at a maximum height of 2m.
We have prepared instructions on how to do so, depending on the surface and method. Make sure to check them out: