With Joanbot on Slack, you are able to book a room or resource on the same platform where you talk to your coworkers. As soon as you agree on a date and time for a meeting with your colleague, simply send a message to Joan to book you a room at that particular date and it will be taken care of.
The Joanbot uses natural language processing, so you can talk to it the same you would with your coworkers. However, for best results, be as descriptive and direct as possible.
Here are a few command examples:
- "Get me a room for tomorrow at 14:00"
- "Hey Joan, book the war room on July 31st at 09:30 for 2 hours"
- "Book me a room for June 31st from 10:00 until 15:00"
How to integrate Joan with Slack
To integrate Joan with your Slack channel, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Joan Portal with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Settings” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Integrations” from the left-hand side menu
- Under the “Integrations” section, click the “Add to Slack” button
- You will be redirected to your company’s Slack page and will be prompted to allow certain permissions for Joan. If you agree to the terms, click “Install”
- You will be redirected back to your Joan Portal and a notification will appear that you have successfully integrated Joan to Slack. This will be also indicated with a small green check mark on the right of the “Add to Slack” button
To explore other Joan integration options, click here.