Note: This feature is exclusive to Joan 6 devices. Click here to learn more.
Joan 6 devices have touch capabilities, and these can be turned off or on, depending on your preferences and needs.
If you do not plan to utilize the Real-time booking features, such as booking the room resource or canceling an upcoming meeting, but rather use the Joan 6 to display the schedule of the resource, disabling the touch screen will significantly prolong the battery life of your device.
Keep in mind that disabling the touch capabilities of the Joan 6 will remove certain buttons from the interface, such as the “Meet now”, “Meet later”, and “Timetable” buttons.
How to enable/disable touch capabilities
Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Log in to the Joan Portal with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Settings” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Device Settings” from the right-hand side menu
- Locate the “Enable touch” in the list of features.
- Once you have enabled or disabled this feature with the toggle, navigate to the bottom of the page and click “Save” to save your device settings preferences
And that’s it! You have successfully turned on/off the “Enable touch” feature. Your device(s) will shortly after update with your most recent preferences.
This feature can be set also as a building or device-specific setting. Allowing you to further customize your office experience. To learn more about these levels of settings, click here.