Note: This feature is exclusive to Joan 6 devices. Click here to learn more.
If you wish to have an option to release a booked room or office resource and make it available for other people if nobody confirms that the meeting actually started, you can do so with the “Check-in” feature.
By enabling it, participants will need to check-in on the Joan device by pressing the checkmark next to the meeting 5, 15, or 30 minutes before or after the meeting. If none of the participants presses the “Check-in” button, the meeting will be removed from the calendar and the room/resource will be made available.
Please note that this feature does not work with .iCal format calendars.
This feature will only work if your Joan 6 device has its touch capabilities enabled. If you are unsure how to enable/disable it, click here.
This feature can be set also as a building or device-specific setting. Allowing you to further customize your office experience. To learn more about these levels of settings, click here.
How to enable/disable the “Check-in” feature
Enabling/disabling this feature is done in the Joan Portal. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Joan Portal with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Settings” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Device Settings” from the right-hand side menu
- In the “Global device settings” section, locate the “Check into meetings” feature
- Select the check-in time frame
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page
And that’s it! After a few moments, your all of your Joan 6 devices will update with your new settings.