To learn more about custom content, please click here.
In order to create a custom content interface for any of your Joan devices, follow the steps below.
How to create a custom content interface
- Log in to Joan Portal with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Manage” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Custom content” from the left-hand side menu
- A list of all your custom content interfaces will appear. If you do not have added any so far, click the “+ Add your first custom content” button
- Select your preferred layout
- Click the “+” sign in each of the sections of your selected layout to add content to it
- Select “Gallery” or “Text” as your preferred content type
- If you select “Gallery”, click the “Upload” button and select all of the images you wish to add
- Once satisfied with the added images, select the time for each image in the slideshow in the “Interval” section. Enter the amount and select either “seconds”, “minutes”, or “hours”
- Click “Ok”
- If you select “Type”, enter the text you wish your Joan device(s) to display
- Format it using the formatting tools above the text field
- Once satisfied with the text, click “Ok”
- “Gallery” content type
- “Text” content type
- “Web-page” content type
- “Room status” content type
- If you select “Room status” content type, the custom application will display the meeting room information your Joan device is connected to
- To apply the settings click "Ok"
- Once you have filled up all the sections in your selected layout, click “Change” in the “Active devices” to assign the interface to your Joan devices
- Click “OK” when you have selected at least one Joan device
- Next, navigate to the “Set custom content schedule” and click “Change”
- Select either “Always show custom content” or set a specific time for when you wish to display this custom content
- Selecting “Show custom content at a specific time” will allow you to set the start and end date and time and if the content should repeat or be a one-time event.
- Click “OK” once you have selected your desired schedule
- Next, name your custom content interface by clicking “Change” in the “Name your custom content” section
- Enter the name of your new custom content interface and click “OK”
- Finally, click “Save” to finish creating your custom content interface
And that’s it! You have successfully created a custom content interface.
To learn how to display this interface on your Joan devices, click here.
If you wish to remove the custom content interface from your device, click here to find out how.