On-premises hosting of the Visionect Software Suite (VSS) server is one of the two hosting options within the Joan system and serves as a bridge between the Joan devices and the Joan Portal.
It provides the ability to manage critical aspects of the Joan system in-house, but at the cost of having the required infrastructure and expertise for deployment and maintenance of the server.
Thus, this hosting option is ideal for users that have an established in-house IT department and have experience with running internal servers.
On-premises hosting resource library
For more information about a certain topic, please click the links below:
- System requirements
- How to deploy Joan on an on-premises server
- Network configuration for the virtual machine
- How to update the on-premises server
- How to upgrade the firmware of your Joan device(s)
- How to change the Docker default subnet IP address
- How to manage users in VSS
- How to install Visionect Software Suite without a VM
- How to change the default URL