The latest Joan 6 devices are Bluetooth enabled, thus allowing for configuration via the Joan mobile app, as an alternative to the Joan Configurator, if you cannot find the Micro USB cable or simply want to configure it on the fly.
The Joan mobile app is available for iOS and Android and can be downloaded from here:
Before getting started with configuring, it is important to first charge up the device which will also wake up the device from deep sleep (a mode that is set for the duration of the shipping process) and activate the Bluetooth module.
How to configure the device
Once the module is active, you can begin the configuration process
- Open the Joan mobile app. If you are not logged in, please follow these steps to learn how to do so
- Tap the settings/cog icon in the top left corner
- Once opened, the app will automatically scan for nearby Joan devices via Bluetooth. If prompted, please enable permissions and turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone
- If the app does not automatically scan for devices, simply tap “Scan” in the top right corner
- After a successful scan, a list of all nearby Joan devices will appear. At the top list of you will see Joan devices that have yet to be paired/connected and below that the devices that have already been configured.
- Locate the Joan device which you wish to configure and tap on it
- You will be prompted with a Bluetooth pairing request. You will need to accept the request in order to connect to the Joan device
- Once paired, the app will begin reading data from the device
- Select the network by scanning all active Wi-Fi networks or if the network that you wish to connect to is hidden, simply type in the SSID in the “Other” field at the top
- Select the security type of the network
- Enter the password of the network (if applicable)
- The hosting server will be automatically set, however, if you wish to change it simply tap on it and select the desired server from the provided list
- If you wish to connect the device to an on-premises server, tap the server form the configuration screen, and enter the IP of your server at the very top of the screen
- Once satisfied with the input, tap “Set” in the top right corner
And that’s it! The device will now begin the configuration process and connect to the Wi-Fi and the desired server.
Should experience any issues during the configuration process, double-check the network credentials. If this does not resolve it, please take a screenshot of the app and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help.