Note: This feature is available on any subscription plan, and can be individually enabled on your Joan Portal account. The price for a unit is 19€/21$.
Connecting Joan with any tablet is a simple and effortless process. In just a few steps, you will have Joan up and running and showing the next meeting on your very own tablet.
There are just two things that you need to keep in mind:
- Joan on tablets devices will be treated the same as any other Joan device in your subscription plan.
- A device can only run either Joan on displays or Joan on tablets at once. It is not possible to run both applications at the same time. For more information about Joan on displays, click here.
How to connect Joan to a tablet
- Open a web browser on your display of choice and visit https://tablet.getjoan.com/
- You will be presented with a pairing PIN code
- Open your Joan Portal on your computer and navigate to “Manage” -> “Devices”. Here is a direct link to that page
- Click “+ Add device”
- Select the "Tablet" tab in the new pop-up window
- If this feature is locked for you, make sure to sign up for Joan Labs, our beta testing program. Click here to learn how to apply for Joan Labs.
- Enter the PIN that you see on your display and click “Pair device”
- You will be forwarded to the “Edit device” page for that display
- Enter the name for the device
- Select the room/resource which you wish to manage with the device
- Select the timezone in order to display the correct times
- Click “Save”
And that’s it! You have successfully connected Joan to your own device.