Connecting your Joan Home device with an Exchange server is pretty straightforward and requires you to have the following information prepared:
- Your Exchange username and your password
- Your email address
- The Exchange EWS URL ( https://example.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx/ )
After creating your Joan Portal account, you will be presented with the bellow calendar selection screen. If you use the SSO login option, just navigate to the “Connect your calendar” option on the Home screen. The rest of the instructions remain the same.
Select the Exchange calendar from the menu and click on the button “Next”. You will be guided and requested to sign into your Exchange account and allow Joan Home to connect to your Calendar.
At this step, you are presented with the following fields:
- The Exchange Server URL is mostly implemented in the form of https://example.com/EWS/exchange.asmx. Try to replace the example.com section with your domain whereas the domain is the part after the @ in your email address.
- Using either the username or the email is highly dependent on the version of your Exchange server. But fear not, all you must do is first try entering your username and if an error is presented, try to connect using your personal email – for example, if your email is email@example.com and your username is doej, try using doej first and after that firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The password field is self-explanatory.
Once the connection is successful, you will have the option to connect your Joan Home device to your account. Once you click the »Pair Device« option and follow the procedure, you will be presented with the following:
Since Exchange limitations don't allow us to automatically detect your email, please use the »Connect calendar manually« option, as indicated on the image above. Once you choose it, please enter your email address in the field, see example bellow.
This is all you had to do to get the Joan up and running! The device should display your calendar in a matter of seconds.
Should you ever wish to change which calendar you want to change, please click on the “Connect calendar” option on the Home Screen and change your preferred calendar. After that, assign the correct room on the device and that’s it!
We wish you productive days and happy meetings!