This article will help you integrate your existing Jabra camera with our Joan solution. With this solution you are able to automatically manage your meeting rooms. Jabra Panacast camera can detect the number of people inside a meeting room. That information is then sent to Joan, where we:
- Book a meeting room if there are people inside
- End a meeting if meeting ended early and there is nobody inside a meeting room
- Check into a scheduled meeting
To proceed, you will require the following:
- A Joan Portal account with at least one paired Joan device and connected to a room
- A Jabra Panacast camera
- The Integration app - can be downloaded here
- Windows 7 or Windows 10 PC (e.g. Intel NUC) with installed integration app
Start the application and check if you have everything prepared. Make sure the Jabra Panacast camera is plugged into the computer on which the application is running. If yes, click Next.
Please visit https://portal.getjoan.com/settings/integrations/ and at the bottom of the page click the Generate new token button. You can name the token whatever you wish. Once finished, please fill in the Client ID and the Client Secret to the corresponding fields in the application.
Please, select the room that you wish to manage. This should be the room where the PC and Jabra Panacast are. The rooms are fetched from the Joan Portal. You can also inspect them or add new ones on the following link: https://portal.getjoan.com/manage/resources/.
Please, choose the configuration you prefer. For smaller huddle spaces where there are usually shorter meetings we recommend setting this to a lower value, while in larger board rooms buffer is recommended to be set higher,
That’s it, you're done. Make sure this application is always running.
If you wish to make the integration app run on your computer as soon as it starts up, please follow the instructions below:
- In Windows search type in command “run”
- This will bring up a window where you will be able to find the startup directory. Search for the startup folder with the command “shell:startup”
- Right click on the Joan & Jabra integration app and create a shortcut. Place the shortcut in the startup folder.
This will make your Joan & Jabra app run after every restart.
We wish you good luck in your future endeavors – and also happy meetings!