Building-specific settings allow you to set different settings for a certain group of devices while keeping your global settings unaffected.
These settings range from the timezone and preferred time format to enabling/disabling individual features for your devices.
Keep in mind that device-specific settings will override any building settings you might have enabled. The number of buildings you can add depends on your subscription plan.
If you are unsure about how to add a building or edit its settings, see below:
How to add a building and add resources to it
How to edit building-specific settings
Once you have a building added to your Joan Portal, you can enable/disable and adjust certain settings that will override your global Joan Portal settings for selected rooms/resources within that building.
- Custom logo
- Office hours
- Maintenance email
- Device features
- “Real-time booking” features (Available only for Joan 6)
- Show meeting subject and organizer
- Show tentative meetings
- Enable touch (Available only for Joan 6)
- Play sound on touch (Available only for Joan 6)
- Show charging screen
- Show “No Wi-Fi” screen (Available only for Joan 6)
- Warm welcome email
- Custom button (Available only for Joan 6)
If you wish to learn more about each of the listed features, click the links above.
How to edit these settings
In order to edit these settings, you will need to open the “Edit building” page. Here’s how:
- Log in to Joan Portal with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Manage” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Buildings” from the left-hand side menu
- Click on the building you wish to edit
- If you do not have any buildings available, click here to learn how to add one
And that’s it! You have successfully added building-specific features.
If you encounter any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.