Joan Credits are an alternative solution to paying your subscription if you are not able to pay with your credit card.
Think of them as virtual prepaid cards. You top-up your account with a certain amount and you will receive a 1:1 equivalent of the selected currency in Joan Credits which you will be able to use for your subscription however you wish, whether it is upgrading to a new plan, adding a new device or just switching from a monthly to a yearly billing period.
We have prepared a few questions and answers to help you understand what Joan Credits are and how they work a bit better:
- How do I acquire Joan Credits?
- How do I top up my account with Joan Credits?
- How do I track my current balance?
- Can I refund my Joan Credits?
How do I acquire Joan Credits?
In order to purchase Joan Credits, you will need to contact our sales team. They will provide you with a code which you will be able to redeem in your Joan Portal.
To reach our sales team, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you wish to purchase Joan Credits.
How do I top up my account with Joan Credits?
Once you have purchased Joan Credits and were provided with a code by our sales team, you can now redeem it in the Joan Portal in order to top up your account.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Joan Portal account with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Settings” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Plans & Billing” from the right-hand side menu
- Under the “Joan Credits” section, there will be a field in which you can input your new code
- Once the code is typed in, click “Redeem”
- The Joan Portal will process the code and once successful, will refresh the page with your updated Account balance
How do I track my current balance?
Your account balance is visible in the “Billing information” section of the “Plans & Billing” settings page. To visit this page, click here.
In the “Billing information” section, you will notice three breakdowns:
This will provide an overview of funds transferred into your account via top-ups, freebies or plan-change adjustments.
The funds will be divided based on their source and currency:
- Topped up: X USD & Y EUR
- Promo credits: X USD & Y EUR
The topped up amount is the amount added via offline payments, while promo credits are the amount gathered through promotions and were free for you to acquire.
History of account top ups
This section will contain a table that provides an overview of all top ups done to your account.
The list breaks down the entries based on:
- Activation date
- Type of code
List of redeemed codes
Another list, but this one helps you keep track of all your redeemed codes.
The following information is provided for each code:
- Number of devices paired / Total number of allowed devices
- Code expiration date
- Duration of the code
Can I refund my Joan Credits?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to receive a refund for Joan Credits. Once you purchased a certain amount, you will have to use it. But, how you use it, is completely up to you - whether it is for a monthly Standard subscription or a yearly Premium plan.