Throughout its operation, the Joan device keeps a log that contains information about its hardware, firmware, and actions it is taking. If an error occurs, it will be noted down in this log file.
If your device suddenly stopped working, is having Wi-Fi connection problems, or is no longer responding to touch commands it can be either due to a network-related or hardware-related issue.
So, whenever you experience an issue with the device, supplying this log file to us at email@example.com will make the process of identifying and resolving the issue much faster.
How to acquire the device's log file
Joan Configurator mobile app:
To obtain the log file from your phone, please follow these steps:
- Open your mobile configurator app.
- Once opened, the app will automatically scan for nearby Joan devices via Bluetooth. If prompted, please enable permissions and turn on Bluetooth and location on your smartphone.
If the app does not automatically scan for devices, simply tap “Scan”
- After a successful scan, a list of all nearby Joan devices will appear. Locate the Joan device which you wish to configure and tap on it.
- Once paired, the app will begin reading data from the device and a LED backlight will turn on the device's screen.
- Click on the Tools button at the bottom.
- Tap on Gather logs, and wait for the logs to be generated.
Joan Configurator desktop app:
But, how to acquire this file? Follow these steps:
- Run the Joan Configurator
- If you are using Windows or macOS, simply run the file.
- If you are using Linux, follow these steps:
- Open the Terminal
- Navigate to the destination folder where you downloaded the file. For example
- Run the Joan Configurator as a superuser with the following command
And that’s it! You now have the log file.
You can send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of what is wrong with the device, and we will do our best to assist you.
We have also prepared a guide on how to troubleshoot the most common network-related issues. So, you can double-check that as well before reaching out to us. You can find it here.
If you encounter any issues, please contact email@example.com.