The first configuration of the Smart Magnet (connecting it with a room)
- Pair the Joan 6 Pro device with the Joan Portal
- Select the room resource you wish to configure to the Smart Magnet
3. Place the Joan 6 Pro device on the Smart Magnet and that’s it! The smart magnet is now paired to the room resource.
Configuring a new device with the Smart Magnet
Pair the Joan 6 Pro device with the Joan Portal
Press “Save” (No need to select the room, as it will later be fetched from the Smart Magnet)
IMPORTANT: Wait until the following screen appears on the device:
Place the device on the Smart Magnet and wait until it fetches room information
That’s it! The new device is now paired to the room
Please note: If you place device A on magnet A, it will display information for room A. If you place device B on magnet A, it will also connect with room A. You will need to connect device B to room B automatically via the Joan portal after you remove it from magnet A. If you run into any issues, please contact us at email@example.com
Configuring an existing device with the Smart Magnet
Place the Joan 6 Pro device on the Smart Magnet and wait for it to fetch the room information.
Voila! The Joan device should now be showing the default room that is assigned to that Smart Magnet
Change the room that is assigned to the Smart Magnet
Place the Joan 6 Pro device (that has the desired room assigned to it) on the Smart Magnet that you want to reconfigure.
Wait for the device to fetch the room information from the Smart Magnet.
Visit your Joan Portal and navigate to Manage --> Devices
- Select the device that is on the Smart Magnet and select the room you want to assign to the Smart Magnet. Don't forget to save the configuration.
- Wait for the Smart Magnet to save the new configuration and load it up on the device.
- You've successfully reconfigured the default room assigned to the Smart Magnet.