The Joan on-premises server requires network connectivity. It will connect to the global Joan Portal, which will still manage all of your devices.
As the virtual machine requires an internet connection, it will open connections to:
master.joan.vnct.xyz, ports 80 and 443which provides the Graphical User Interface (GUI) on your devices
firmware.visionect.com, port 8089which provides firmware upgrades
You can run Joan on your infrastructure by using a static IP address. Changing the IP of the on-premises server can be done in a couple of simple Linux commands.
- Login or ssh to your on-premises server using your credentials. By default, the following credentials are set
- Username: admin
- Password: admin123
- Find the name of the network adapter whose IP address you would like to change. Usually, this will be the bridged adapter. Find the name of the adapter by typing the following command into the terminal:
- Set the adapter’s static IP address by following the steps here.
- Restart the networking service:
sudo service networking restart
- Check whether the static address has been set up for the selected network adapter:
However, if you wish to change the IP of the On-Premises server simply use the Linux command:
sudo vim /etc/network/interfaces
#######Static network IP########
iface eth0 inet static
dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1 22.214.171.124