We are phasing out former Room subscription plans
We will phase out all former room booking subscriptions that do not support all the latest functions to improve the Joan experience.
Please note, that these changes are in no way related to the On-premise virtual machine changes that have been implemented on January 1, 2023. This means that on-premise customers will be required to activate a subscription plan, regardless of their hosting option. You can read more about the changes here.
What will happen?
- As of January 1, 2023, it will no longer be possible to renew any of our former subscription plans. Legacy Room plans are all subscription plans which are NOT Room Essentials, Room Professional or Room Enterprise.*
- All accounts subscribed to one of our earlier plan versions will be required to migrate to one of the current plans. To check your current plan selection, please visit the Plans & Billing section of your Joan Portal account.
Why are we doing this?
Joan is expanding its functionalities which extend beyond meeting room booking. Joan is more and more becoming a feature-rich workplace management solution.
We are constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of our services, and simplifying our offering is a big part of that. It also means that we intend to devote more attention to developing new solutions that will provide more value to all our customers.
To support this, we will launch a completely new portal experience. It is part of our broader workplace management focus, which extends beyond meeting room booking.
What are the next steps?
Your Joan Portal Administrator will need to select a new plan at portal.getjoan.com under the Settings > Plans & Billing section of the Portal. Additional instructions can be found here.
You can reach out to our sales team (use the chat feature or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance with purchasing a plan. We will guide you through the process and help you select the right subscription.
Our knowledge base article provides additional information about which features are included in each plan.
What happens if I don’t do anything?
We're making sure that you'll have enough time to migrate to the new plans, to ensure a smooth transition. However, if a new plan is not selected on time, we'll select and implement the option most similar to your legacy one.
- Pre-Basic/Standard/Premium free plans convert to Room Essential
- Pre-Basic/Standard/Premium paid plans convert to Room Professional
- Joan Basic/Joan Home converts to Room Essential
- Joan Standard converts to Room Professional
- Joan Premium converts to Joan Enterprise
*Note: Legacy subscription plans are all former room booking subscription plans. This means, that if your subscription plan is NOT any of the following (Room - Enterprise Monthly/Yearly, Room - Professional Monthly/Yearly or Room - Essentials Monthly/Yearly), you’re still using one of our former plan options, and you will need to complete the upgrade to a newer plan option. Our official legal notice is available here.