If your company uses multiple working locations, then it's important that they are able to adjust the settings for the different rooms in those locations.
If you wish to have unique settings for either one or multiple rooms, you can achieve that by grouping rooms under a building. To learn how to add a building to the Joan portal, click here.
Once you have a building ready, the next step is to assign a room to it.
How to assign a room to a building
- Log in to Joan Portal with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Manage” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Rooms” from the left-hand side menu (make sure that you have the "Advanced mode" selected)
- Locate the room you wish to assign to a building in the list and open it
- A pop-up window will appear. Clicking the “Building” field will open a drop-down menu
- Select the building you wish to connect to this room and click “Update”
And that’s it! You have successfully assigned a room to a building. After a few moments, all your devices assigned to that room will update automatically with the latest settings.
To remove the room from the building, repeat steps 1 to 4. Just delete the name of the building from the "Building" field, leave it blank, and click “Update.”
If you encounter any issues, please contact email@example.com.