If you wish to have an option to release a booked room or office resource and make it available for other people if nobody confirms that the meeting actually started, you can do so with the “Check-in” feature.
By enabling it, participants will need to check in on the Joan device by pressing the checkmark next to the meeting 5, 15, or 30 minutes before or after the meeting. If none of the participants presses the “Check-in” button, the meeting will be removed from the calendar and the room/resource will be made available.
Please note that this feature does not work with .iCal format calendars.
This feature will only work if your device has its touch capabilities enabled. If you are unsure how to enable/disable it, click here.
Enabling/disabling this feature is done in the Joan Portal. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Joan Portal with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Settings” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Device Settings” from the left-hand side menu
- In the “Global device settings” section, locate the “Check into meetings” feature
- Select the check-in time frame
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page
Feel free to check out our how-to video.
And that’s it! After a few moments, all of your devices will update with your new settings.
This feature can be set also as a building or device-specific setting. Allowing you to further customize your office experience. To learn more about these levels of settings, click here.
If you encounter any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.